City: Los Angeles
Nickname: "City Of Angels"
Country: United States Of America
Population: 10,019,365mm (Million)
Crime Rate: 7 (scale of 1 -10) (Although the crime rate has been dropping over the past 10 years in the city of Los Angeles, I would still rate the crime rank at about a 7 because of a lot of neighborhoods are still experiencing higher crimes than previous years for the year of 2014)
Median Age: 34.1Yrs Old
Official Language: English
- 8,000BC Chumash people settle in Los Angeles
- 500AD Tonga People Settle in Los Angeles
- What is known today as San Pedro Bay, was called "Bay of Smokes" in 1542 when Portuguese explorer Juan Cabrillo navigated the coast of California
- 1805 First american trading ship arrived to san pedro bay
- 1841 Los Angeles has population of 141
- 1842 California's first discovery of gold
- 1868 Los Angeles begins to get streetlights
- 1890 Official flag of California is designed
- 1910 Los Angeles population 319,198
- 1912 Los Angeles gets first fast station
- The first of its kind, four level interchange completed in 1952, connecting pasadena, hollywood and harbor freeways
- 1960 Hollywood walk of fame opens
- 1999 Staples center opens
- City population reaches 3.9 Million in 2006 and L.A county 10.2 million
Known For: Entertainment, Film industry, Music industry, Food, celebrities, Tourism, Shopping, celebrity performances.
Best Time For Travel: March - May & September - November (Best Weather) all other months are either a bit chilly or mildly hot, but in terms of getting good travel deals, you'll want to book in the winter, of course some months are better than others.
- California - Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- California - LA Ontario International Airport (ONT)
Average Airline Cost: 394.53$ (2014, According to the U.S Department Of Transportation.)
Average Hotel Cost: Approx. 190$
Visitors: Over 42mm (Million) Per Year
- Metro rail system
- Metro Bus sytem
- Dash Bus system
- Flyaway bus system
What To Do:
- Shows / Award shows
- Major Events
- Amusement Parks
Number Of Restaurants: Over 9,400 (Full Service Restaurants)
Best Restaurants: This is constantly Changing but amongst my research these 3 have been consistently in the top lists on many sources.
Number Of Bars/Clubs: Approx. Over 980
Best Bars/Clubs: Kind of hard to tell on some of these because some are relatively new, however based upon my research these are some of the top 3 of either bar or club
- Bootsy Bellows (Club)
- Lure ( Club )
- 1Oak ( Club ) ( Although most Sources point at Hooray Henry's as #3 spot )
- Spring Street Bar
- Harvard & Stone
- Tournament Of Roses ( New Years Day )
- Chinese New Year
- Los Angeles Marathon
- Academy Awards
- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach
- LA Gay Pride
- X Games
- Los Angeles International Film Festival
- US Open Surf
- Day Of the Dead ( Dia De Los Muertos )
- Las Vegas ( 266 miles )
- San Diego ( 121 miles )
- Anaheim ( 27 miles )
- Long Beach ( 25 miles )
- Tijuana ( 137 miles )
- Malibu ( 36 miles )
THE CITY OF ANGELS.
CALIFORNIA - THE WEST COAST - TUPAC - HOLLYWOOD - BEVERLY HILLS - MOVIES - VENICE BEACH -
The usual stuff you see in movies, the stuff you hear about on the radio and in songs, or from your friends who have visited LA before. My first visit to L.A came in April of 2012 when the opportunity arose to spend a week there. But before I get into the details let me share some cool info!
My airline ticket to Los Angeles, California - Non Stop round trip flight only cost me...
😱 how!? D E L T A S K Y M I L E S my friends, jump on those rewards now! there are other programs other than delta and some are better so be sure to shop around first.
- I was very nervous for this trip, i didn't know what to expect, I wasn't sure if I was going to end up getting shot in Compton or robbed in hollywood, haha. But I was very excited, it was an amazing trip, one of the best trips I have ever taken, possibly the best to date.
I guess i want to clear up the fact that movies and songs and radio really ruin the experience for people, i mean i thought L.A was this super crazy celebrity city, where you see movie stars everywhere! and music videos and movies being made on every corner. L.A is super cool, but unless you're living the lavish life, don't expect your experience to be like the movies. Or maybe you're just crazy and you can pull it off.
- The View from the 11th floor facing south towards Downtown L.A was amazing, and to the NorthWest you can see Hollywood. It was such a soothing experience to stand on the balcony, with the cool spring breeze, clear skies and a beautiful L.A skyline (although nothing like New York city 😛)
We saw a car crash into a building like at 2AM!
- We walked a lot! from the Hotel all the way to Hollywood Blvd. which was about a 45min walk i would say, maybe more, but there were a ton of cool things we saw along the way, theres a mall on the way there which is really nice Beverly Center
Hollywood Blvd... be careful! you'll get bombarded by wannabe rappers, if they hand you a CD, DO NOT TAKE THAT SHHH...!!!! - i learned the hard way, haha. Too many tourists! the hollywood stars are kind of cool, the Chinese theatre is cool to look at for like 5 sec. But then you have the usual Darth Vaders and Dora the explorer or the elmos, just trying to make some money, but they look annoying out there. If you're out there long enough its funny to just see how they interact with people, sometimes they fight each other... crazy..
- take a TOUR BUS TOUR!!! totally worth it!, act like you don't want it and the people will give you a discounted rate lol.
- hard rock cafe was pretty cool, we ate there twice, and i ate there again on my second trip to L.A.
DISNEY LAND. IF YOU EVER GO TO L.A This is a must!
- Oh and theres Cholos in Disney Land (Disney Land...its just like Compton - Insider)
Rent a car, but be sure to call the location first and make sure they have the car you book online, on the lot because, when you go pick up that "Audi" you thought you rented, you'll end up with a big a$$ ford truck...
- Drive around beverly hills, and rodeo drive and drive up the coast to Malibu!
- Buy something! i bought, hands down the best jeans i have ever bought in my life! while on vacation in L.A!
SANTA MONICA PIER IS A MUST! AND VENICE BEACH IS JUST A SHORT 10-15MIN WALK! ALTHOUGH VENICE BEACH IS A BIT SHADY, ITS PRETTY COOL.... I SAW A GIRL BEAT UP A GUY...
- Ride the Rides at Santa Monica, sit on the bench and enjoy the view of the Pacific! makes me want to fly out to japan.
- Taking a Taxi? CAREFUL, THEY ARE SUPER EXPENSIVE! my most expensive ride was nearly 60$
- GO TO CHIC-FILA and/ or IN-OUT burger, even though i never had IN-OUT, i wish i did!
- we had brunch on sunset blvd. it was awesome!
- Drive up the hills! you get a great view
- We went to Dinner at BOA on the sunset strip at night, it was a great restaurant and a great experience.
- Don't go to Compton or Crenshaw - its scary, i got lost wandering around...
- If you do drive... be prepared for a butt load of traffic!
- visit the historic areas and chinatown!! they're really cool
LAST BUT NOT LEAST, YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT MELROSE! A GREAT SHOPPING AREA, TONS OF GREAT STORES...TONS! AND I SAW SIRUS FROM THE REAL WORLD HAHAHA...